Add as new the following beginning as a second sentence on line 27;
Honors and distinction are defined in accordance with the state’s High School Transition Policy
Students who score at or above all of the subject area readiness benchmarks on the ACT or equivalent score on the SAT will graduate with honors. Students will be recognized as graduating with distinction by attaining a B average and completing at least one of the following:
- earn a nationally recognized industry certification;
- participate in at least one of the Governor’s Schools;
- participate in one of the state’s All State musical organizations;
- be selected as a National Merit Finalist or Semi-Finalist
- attain a score of 31or higher composite score on the ACT, or;
- earn twelve (12) or more semester hours of transcripted postsecondary credit.
Students who graduate with honors and/or distinction will be recognized during the graduation ceremonies and a seal shall be place upon their diplomas in recognition of the outstanding achievement.