Sponsors of the respective clubs/organizations submitted the following requests for overnight student trips:
- Obion County Career Technology Center, Skills USA – Welding, State Competitions, March 13 – 14, 2009, Goodlettsville, TN (This trip was not submitted in time for the March meeting; however, I emailed the request to all Board members and received no negative responses concerning the request. Therefore, this request is included for informational purposes only.)
- Obion County Central High School, Beta Club, State Convention/Competitions, April 13 – 15, 2009, Opryland Hotel, Nashville, TN (Due to postponing the April meeting for one week, these students will leave the day of the Board meeting; however, I emailed the request to all Board members and received no negative responses concerning the request.)
- Obion County Career Technology Center, Skills USA, State Competitions, April 19 – 23, 2009, Chattanooga, TN
- South Fulton Elementary School, PLUS Class, May 1 – 2, 2009, Huntsville Space and Rocket Center, Tranquility Base, Huntsville, AL
- Hillcrest Elementary School, PLUS Program, May 14 – 16, 2009, Horse Cave and Louisville, KY, Clarksville, IN (This request was approved last month; however, the itinerary changed and I asked for the request to resubmitted for approval.)
- Lake Road Elementary School, PLUS Class, May 14 – 15, 2009, The Hermitage, Nashville, TN
Except as noted, these requests are in compliance with Board policy and the related administrative procedure.
I recommend approval of the overnight student trip requests as set forth above.